Wednesday 9 May 2012

Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Review

Hello everyone,

Today I'm going to share my thoughts on the Mac Mineralize Skinfinish.
I bought this powder in 'medium dark' this usually costs around £20 but I actually got this product for much cheaper from a website called Fragrance Direct  I paid just £14!





What Mac say about this powder:
 'A luxurious domed face powder with minerals, slowly baked to provide a dimensional yet natural-matte finish. Provides perfect low coverage. Use to set and fix foundation or as a touch-up throughout the day.'

What I think:
I have been using this for just over a month and I agree with what Mac say. My skin looks so flawless after I've used it. I use this as a setting powder to set my foundation and so far I think it is extremely good!


 (Taken with Canon A3300 IS)

I have oily/combination skin so I like to use two different powders, I use a mattifying powder by Rimmel that is specifically designed to combat shine on my t-zone and then use the Mac Mineralize Skinfinish on the other parts of my face. I find that by doing this it helps to keep my skin looking matte and shine-free for longer and because this powder is so fine and smooth it applies evenly and leaves the perfect amount of coverage on the skin.

As well as having oily skin my skin can also be very sensitive at times but this product hasn't broken me out! Huge bonus!

Summary 
 
Pros
  • lightweight
  • fine powder
  • easy to blend 
  • natural-looking

Cons:
  • quite expensive

For me I think this product is quite expensive for what it is, however I do think Mac products are high in quality and you definitely get what you pay for!

Have you tried the Mineralized Skinfinish powder? Leave a comment below and tell me your thoughts!

Natasha Carly x
Pretty Little Lives on Facebook / Twitter / Hellocotton

17 comments:

  1. I have got this but it's sadly a little orange for me, think I needed the medium :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been using this exact MSF for over a year and I love it! It is so lightweight...sometimes I put it on alone or sometimes I use it to set my foundation.
    Great Post!
    xx Sherviii
    www.makeuploveandotherdrugs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them! I really love all of MAC's Mieralized products so much, they're all great quality and look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a really good product. I'd love to try it :). xxx

    A Scholar Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use this too! It so good and it lasts me ages.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Post I Love Mac
    You have a new follower Hope You Stop By

    http://storytaleshop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been wondering whether to try this powder, but unfortunately i suffer from really dry skin so i am hesitant as to whether it would look cakey or patchy! Specially for such a high price, it's a mighty big risk if i ended up hating it :/

    Lots of Love, Ana

    PS: After your review of the Perfection Blender, i thought about giving it a go. But to my misery, it was out of stock and it has been ever since! Haha i literally wanted to scream "Noooo" when i saw the empty rack :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like MAC products.
    it's great quality and I love their collections. Looks like a great bronzer.

    LOVE,
    PurePreciousPerfection.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just starting following you darlin! Cute blog :D Looking forward to following your future posts!

    xo

    Courtney from Strawberree Swing

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite MAC powder for when I want a natural looking face!

    Kimberly
    kimberlyluxe.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have this but find it a little cakey, but I have really dry skin. I'm glad its working for you though :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love my MSF, but I hate how much it's gone up in price. I remember when it was around the £16 mark! :O

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't try it but it looks nice!

    xoxo,

    Oanna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great review! Must start using mine again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. great review!
    i have never tried this but i always hear such great things

    <3
    Caroline
    www.girlygirlvsworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. love this MSF natural! this is my HG setting powder..

    Great blog!

    http://lovingvanity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have this as well and I do like it! Thanks for stopping by my blog!!! XOXO I'm now following yours. Keep in touch :)
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I enjoy reading your feedback!
I will always reply to you within 48 hours by leaving a comment on your blog.

Want a faster response? Contact me:-
Email: prettylittlelives@hotmail.co.uk
Twitter: @NCarly_21
Facebook: Pretty Little Lives Beauty Blog