Thursday 12 July 2012

Lush Big Shampoo - First Impressions

Hello everyone!
Today I'm going to be sharing my first impressions of Big Shampoo by Lush.


(Taken with Nikon D3100)

Ingredients: 
Coarse Sea Salt, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Fresh Organic Lemon Infusion, Fresh Sea Water, Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion, Cocamide DEA, Lauryl Betaine, Fresh Organic Lime Juice, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Neroli Oil, Mandarin Oil, Vanilla Absolute, Orange Flower Absolute, *Limonene, Methyl Ionone, Perfume
 

First Impressions:

I recently tried this shampoo and thought it was pretty good. It cleaned my hair very well and removed the product buildup too, my hair was literally squeaky clean!

This shampoo smells gorgeous! Many people have said they're not particularly keen on the smell but I think it smells lovely! It contains sea salt particles which feel very stimulating on the scalp. It also contains fresh lemons and limes to help add shine to your hair. With this product I would definitely say a little goes a long way and it lathers up extremely well too! 

When my hair dried it looked beautifully shiny, the only thing I didn't like is that it made my ends feel quite dry! I wouldn't recommend this shampoo for dry or damaged hair as I have heard that prolonged use can really dry out the ends of your hair! If you do have dry hair and want to try this shampoo out I would recommend using it alongside a hydrating conditioner or treatment mask, I'm going to try this next time I use this shampoo to see if it make a difference on how dry my hair gets.

Overall, I like how clean it left my hair after use and like all other Lush products, I love the packaging! However I don't feel that my hair was particularly voluminous afterwards.

This shampoo retails at £10.95 which I think is a little pricey for what it is!

 I am wanting to try out more Lush hair products and would love it if you could recommend your favourites for dry hair!

Natasha Carly x
Pretty Little Lives on Facebook / Twitter / Hellocotton

24 comments:

  1. This sounds like it would be perfect if it didn't dry out the ends. I've never tried a lush shampoo before, they're a tad pricey :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I agree, for me it seems abit pricey too!
      It's a really lovely shampoo but I think it would work better on more normal hair types as mine is often quite dry! x

      Delete
  2. I've really wanted to try this after reading so many good reviews on it! I would definitely need a deep conditioner or treatment to use with it though as the ends of my hair are already quite dry!

    Frances xx

    http:/francescassandra.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would definitely work better with a good conditioner!
      I just find my hair hard to work with when it's really dry so I think I'll try a hydrating one instead :) x

      Delete
  3. I've never seen a shampoo packaged this way. So different and cool! That is awesome too that you liked it. I love when I find a product that I really like. I'm using a sulfate free shampoo right now by L'Oreal right now that is great.

    Amy


    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the packaging is very different I really like it! :)
      I like the sulphate free ones from L'Oreal too! x

      Delete
  4. ooh great review! but sounds very pricey!
    found your blog through bbu blog hop :)
    lauren xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment!
      It is quite pricey! x

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a great product for someone with oily, super healthy and non-treated hair.. Probably not the best for me since I have dry, damaged and colour treated hair but I do know a few people who would love this - definitely will be sending them your review!
    xx


    The Urban Umbrella
    xoxo

    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie!
      It felt great on the upper part of my hair and gives it a really great clean! The ends of my hair are extremely damaged from bleach and this is probably why it didn't work so well for me x

      Delete
  6. ive never tried lush shampoos. i must try this! ive been really into hair care lately. hope this works for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it works well for you! Let me know if you try it! :) x

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the review! I have always wanted to try this, but I thought it might be drying with salt lemon, and limes! My hair needs moisture so this would probably not be a good buy for me! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is a shame that it dried out my hair at the bottom!
      I'm thinking of trying it again and maybe using a hydrated conditioner along side it and seeing if that makes a difference! x

      Delete
  8. Great post! I've never really used any Lush hair treatments before I know my sisters have, I i might give it a go:) for my hair I normally use head and shoulders, bur right I i am using Tresemmee which I do like, but I think I will probably end up back back to head and shoulders. For when my hair is feeling really dry and damaged, I use the Johnsons baby shampoo to be honest! I find it strips all of the nasty stuff away and gives it more life back :) Then I use use any conditioner on the ends . I always use Dove Hair Therapy Leave-in Conditioner when my hair is wet from just having washed it. I love how conditioned it makes hair hair feel and keeps the split ends at bay. You can also use it on dry hair:) so I would definitely recommend it for dry hair :) xo

    domandellie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment!
      I love head and shoulders! I regularly use the smooth and silky one :)
      I'll have to try the Dove leave-in conditioner! I bought their overnight repair mask to try out so fingers crossed it works!
      Thank you for your recommendations! x

      Delete
  9. I reallly want to try this out. I love lush in general and I think this would work for me :) Thanks for the review! xx http://samaysonsspace.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you try it out, I would love to see how it worked for you! :) x

      Delete
  10. I've wanted to buy this for a while now but I've never gotten around to doing it. It sounds like a great product though, it is definitely on my wishlist.

    http://www.101fashionstreet.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be a lovely product if it's used on the right hair type! :)
      It smells divine!! x

      Delete
  11. I've tried two Lush shampoos and I always find them quite drying, which is a shame because like you said they do smell amazing and make your hair feel lovely. I haven't tried big though, might have to give it a go x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do let me know what you thought of it! :) all Lush products smell amazing and there is something for everyone, it's just about finding what works well for you! :) x

      Delete
  12. I've been tempted my Lush shampoo but for the price I would hope they are amazing! This would defo ruin my coloured to death hair!

    http://mylushbox.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it probably would! I think you have to have very healthy hair to use this! Or a really great conditioner haha! :) x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I enjoy reading your feedback!
I will always reply to you within 48 hours by leaving a comment on your blog.

Want a faster response? Contact me:-
Email: prettylittlelives@hotmail.co.uk
Twitter: @NCarly_21
Facebook: Pretty Little Lives Beauty Blog