Saturday 31 March 2012

Revlon Lip Butter - Cupcake

Hello everyone, hope you are well.

I finally got my hands on a Revlon Lip Butter! I used my Boots points that I had been saving and got myself the shade 'Cupcake' and I have to say I LOVE it!


The consistancy and texture of the Lip Butter is lovely, it goes on smooth and creamy like a lip balm but has more pigmentation like a lipstick.
I think these are a great alternative to lipsticks, if you don't like wearing lipsticks or don't feel 100% confident wearing them but you want a hint of colour on your lips then I recommend this product to you! It is a subtle way to add a pop of colour for Spring/Summer!
The packaging is cute and pretty and compliments each Lip Butter Shade (Cupcake is a pink colour so the product has a pink cap).
The downside to this product is the price and the amount of product you get. Each Lip Butter costs £7.99 (currently on 3 for 2 at Boots) I think this is a little on the pricey side considering there isn't a great deal of product!


(Taken with iPhone 4s)

Cupcake is a nice blue based light pink colour, I like how smooth it feels and the slightly glossy finish it has. The picture above shows what one coat of colour looks like on the lips, this product is buildable so the more layers you put on the more vibrant the colour will look!

Pros
  • smooth application
  • moisturising
  • pretty packaging

Cons
  • doesn't last long on the lips
  • not very pigmented
  • small amount of product

make a gif
Have you tried the Revlon Lip Butters yet? If so recommend a shade you think I should try next!

Natasha Carly x
 Pretty Little Lives on Facebook / Twitter / Hellocotton 

15 comments:

  1. I have this shade and love it!! :) It's so nice for just a bit of colour during the day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous shade. I haven't tried any yet. This looks like one I should definitely try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the lip butters are a great idea but definitely a bit pricey for me at the moment! What a gorgeous colour though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try this one out, looks gorgeous. following :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah I want to try this so much! Such a pretty colour on you xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a few of the Lip Butters, and I really enjoy them all. I also wanted to let you know that I gave you the blogger appreciation award in my latest post :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Natasha,

    Thanks again for the versatile blogger award :) I wrote a post on it and linked your blog! <3

    xoxo Jess

    www.stylizedluxe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the colours! x

    http://she-shops-alot.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. love love this shade!
    thanks for sharing!

    Xoxo Lil
    http://www.studsandsapphires.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks soo amazing everytime i see posts on revlon lip butters i want to get them but havent yet.

    http://makeupbyelysa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous blog, can't wait to read more of your posts :)
    Got any tips for a just starting out blogger?
    xo Georgie
    http://georgiesglambition.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks a gorgeous colour. Havent seen any in my boots near me so I guess theyve sold out already! The berry colour looks nice though:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've just bought one of these in a blog sale so looking forward to trying it out. Looks lovely on you :) x

    www.littlemisslifestyle271.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I enjoy reading your feedback!
I will always reply to you within 48 hours by leaving a comment on your blog.

Want a faster response? Contact me:-
Email: prettylittlelives@hotmail.co.uk
Twitter: @NCarly_21
Facebook: Pretty Little Lives Beauty Blog