Today I'm going to be reviewing some coloured contact lenses by MesmerEyez.
I have always been interested in how makeup can look on different eye colours and have wanted to experiment with coloured contacts for a while now, I have seen a few beauty bloggers and many beauty vloggers on YouTube using coloured lenses in their makeup tutorials and it looks like a lot of fun!
I decided to try out 'Sea Green' from the MezmerEyez Naturalz collection. I recieved the coloured lenses (which can be used for 3 months), a lenses case and a 60ml bottle of cleaning solution. An instruction leaflet is also included which provides all of the information you need to use the contact lenses safely and correctly.
The lenses can be purchased on colouryoureyes.com from £4.99. They offer free UK postage and shipping as well as free international shipping on orders over £10. Contact lenses that can be used from 1-3 months also come with a bottle of free cleaning solution and lens case.
What they say - "Our mission at MesmerEyez is to be the company that best understands eye colour change. To lead, innovate and bring our customers the most comprehensive choice with the best quality and comfort."
This was my first experience of trying any type of contact lenses so I was a little apprehensive about putting them in at first but I watched the online tutorials of how to put them in and remove them which can be viewed here, I have to say this really helped me out and I found that the contact lenses were easy to use. Mesmereyez.com has a FAQ section, so if there is anything you are unsure about you can read more about the lenses before you buy them.
I was very surprised that the lenses covered my natural eye colour! I have heard of many people who have problems with lenses not making any difference on their eye colour but I didn't have that problem with these lenses. I have dark brown eyes so I was unsure whether the lenses would make any change to my eyes but they covered my eye colour perfectly without looking artificial and fake. These lenses are fabulous and the colour selection is fantastic, I will definitely be ordering more!
- Great colour variety
- Huge selection and style of lenses
- Soft, comfortable lenses
- Easy to use
- Covers my natural eye colour perfectly
- My eyes did feel slightly dry after wearing the lenses for a long amount of time. (I don't think this is a problem with the product itself but more because I am not used to wearing contact lenses)
Directions/tips for use
- Wash and dry your hands before using the lenses.
- The lenses should be rinsed and soaked for at least 6 hour each time they are removed to ensure they have been disinfected thoroughly.
- Carefully rinse each side of the lens for at least 5 seconds making sure all the debris and deposits are removed.
- Place lens in the correct compartment of the lens case that is provided and fill with fresh solution.
- Allow to soak for the amount of time stated.
- Before inserting lens into eyes rinse thoroughly and discard any left over solution.
- Refresh the solution in the lens case every 7 days when lenses are not in use.
(Pictures taken with Canon A3300is)
What do you think about coloured contacts? Have you tried this brand before? Let me know!
For more information about MesmerEyez visit their Facebook page - facebook.com/MesmerEyez
Natasha Carly x
Follow me on Instagram @prettylittlelives
*Disclaimer PR sample - My opinions are still 100% honest